Friday, February 22, 2008

Back to the Blogging World

Well, it's been a long time since I have written anything. It was May of '06 to be exact. A lot of things have taken place between then and now. I will try to be better about actually posting now that I have started a new blog.
I am in a very reflective mood today, I guess you could say. Today marks 11 years since my brother passed away. I often wonder where he would be today and how his life would be. I can't believe it's been 11 years. I think about him a lot and wish he could be here today. Here is a picture of him from high school that was taken shortly before he passed away.

Greg and I have been blessed with a new life that will be making her debut in July. We recently found out that our little one is a little girl. We have thought about names for a long time and decided to name our little girl after my brother. His middle name was Ray, and so our little girl's middle name will be Rae. I have always wanted to honor his memory in a very special way and I can't think of a better way to do it. I idolized my big brother growing up and I hope he is proud of what I have become today. Just for fun, here is a picture of us when we were little on his first day of school.



Lots of things have changed around here lately. Greg and I moved into a new house last December '06. It was our first big purchase as a newly married couple. We have loved living there. In September of '07, our good friends DeeDee and Brandon moved here from Dallas. We have really enjoyed having them close by and being able to spend a lot of time with them. DeeDee has been my best friend for several years now and I enjoy having her live 2 minutes away rather than 7 hours away. Some of our other closest friends welcomed their little baby girl into this world on December 27th. She is absolutely precious and we have loved spending time with her and watching her grow. It's hard to believe she is already 2 months old. It seems like just yesterday we were driving to Amarillo to see her for the first time just hours after she was born. Here is a picture of her from her first few days.

And now, here she is just a week or so ago.

Needless to say, things are going very well for us at this point. We have been blessed with great friends, great families, and great opportunities. I look forward to all of the blessings to come.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I was thinking about you guys this morning--always on this date, among many others. I thinking naming your little one Rae is a beautiful and meaningful thing to do. I always think names are better when they *mean* something and aren't just the current trend.

Melody Forest McKee said...

YAY! I'm so excited you posted :) What a great time and way to remember your brother. We need to get together again very soon!

DeeDee Price said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FeedingYourMind said...

Since you are pregnant you ARE going to do the required and post some of those belly pictures on here, right?! ;)

I'm serious. When I talked to Ellison yesterday I was jealous that she got to see the pregnant pooch of James and I didn't! HA!

Hope you're doing well!